Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Little Man's 4 month (19 weeks) Check Up!

Well, after figuring out that his appointment was at 9 am and not 2 pm, 45 minutes before we were suppose to be there... we made it to the pediatricians office this morning! I probably would've rescheduled, but I was too excited to see what his weight was and to get the okay to start him on solid foods! With all of his belly issues in the beginning, I was too nervous to start him on solids without their okay. Which I'm glad I did because the doctor told me that some rice cereals have dairy in them. (Dairy is in EVERYthing by the way... which you don't realize until you have to go dairy free!) So we got an organic brown rice cereal with no dairy. I think I'll just stick to that brand of jarred baby food too, once we get up to them. Wait, wait, wait.., let me back up. (I told you I was excited! Hah!) He checked in at 15.5 pounds and 26 inches! That puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and teh 75th percentile for height! When she (the doctor) saw that I got a little excited about that, she told me that height isn't an indicator of future height until 2 years old. Bummer. So even though he's on the tall end of babies right now, he may not be forever! We also got the thumbs up for the flat spot on his head! Wahoo! She said that it definitely has improved, although the right side is slightly flatter than the left. She told me that it didn't warrant a referral and would purely be cosmetic if we wanted to go forward, since his eyes and ears are symmetrical. So, yay!!! Now we can get to the solids!!! (haha) Since he's got great head control and can sit up with assistance, his weight is good and he's taking about 30 ounces a day, that we could go ahead and start him getting use to some solids!! I'm still reading up on how to introduce everything. We are starting with really soupy rice cereal for the next couple of weeks only once a day. It was so fun to see his reaction to tasting it for the first time! I can't wait to introduce new fruits and veggies!!!


Stats! 

At the doctor's office!

I think I like the spoon!

I don't think its suppose to end up in my eyebrows...




Lots of Love!
Shaunna

No comments:

Post a Comment